Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Walking the Fiery Path

I want to remember tonight and what the Lord has taught David and I.

David and I have struggled with where to plant our little family here.  We were lead a certain direction but it was so hard to find a home with the things that were important to me.  There are so many details to this chapter in our lives but they aren't important.  All I want to remember is that through a few months of searching for the right house, we finally know what is best eternally for our family.

So many things in life get in the way of me seeing things in an eternal perspective but it was made real clear tonight that sometimes harder things lead to lessons learned that can only lead to wisdom.  You have no idea how different of thinking that is for me, unless you were in this odd brain of mine.  I love easy ways out.  I don't like trials.  I just want to be told what to do but ever since Oklahoma, I have slowly learned, trial by trial, that He is molding me.  And honestly, I love it.  I still can't believe I can say that.

I read an amazing quote the other night by John Pontius.  He said, "All my life, I have been praying to understand God's will in my life.  I'm still not very good at understanding it.  I keep getting hit by freight trains I should have seen coming and then realizing, after the fact, that the freight train was the only way God could fully answer my prayer."  A few paragraphs later he said, "These days I think back on my life, and I can see that many things I did learn the easy way - but everything of grand eternal value I learned by freight trains crashing into me.  I look at every spiritual refinement I may possess now, and it all came as a result of walking the fiery path, not flying over it."

Alisa, please remember this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a Great reminder of the eternal perspectives that get us through our daily lives. Grateful for our Heavenly Father who wants to know us, wants to know how we are going to handle each trial, each struggle and each life experience. We are not alone in this, everyone has some trial, some struggle in their lives, I've learned that and it's a great lesson to learn from. Grateful to know people like you who overcome through strength and faith in our Savior who made it all possible ")

Tricia said...

I love you so much! Your so honest and I love this about you. I love seeing you being molded, not tested:). Even though it is through those tests that the molding happens. Funny how that works but yes it is so true. Everything we go through is important to our Father in Heaven. It is only through Him that we can receive those answers and receive clarity to our spiritual lives. One thing I know. HE loves YOU!