Saturday, October 5, 2013

Ta-Ta

As always, right before we leave there are always goodbyes to be said.  Right away (after I found out we would be moving) Brittany and I set up a time for us to meet halfway and have lunch on Wednesday.  I will miss our random "outs" and remembering our college days (and quoting Billy Madison, of course).  Thank goodness she has ties in Utah; so I will be seeing her soon!
I didn't make as much of an effort to get real close to anyone at church, like I usually do when we move around.  I guess it was because I knew it would be a short stay but before I knew it, girls were making me laugh and inviting me to craft nights.  That's all it took.  So when I found out that 4 of the girls that I see quite a bit at church and the craft nights all had birthdays in October, I had to get us together before I left.
(Top left: Kaylie, Kim, Veronica, Suzette, Nikki, and Oretta.  
Bottom Left:  Kristal, Maughra with Zoe and Kellye) 
We met at the Texas Roadhouse so they could ride the birthday saddle after our meals.  They really didn't want to get on but after some peer pressure, I succeeded.  And look...they liked it!
As always, the girls I come in contact throughout our moves just proves to me that the Lord looks out for me.  He knows me.  He knows that being surrounded by boys all the time means I need girl time every once in a while and He always provides a way.  Even if I "think" I don't need to get close to anyone because we won't be there long.  He just sends em' my way anyways!  And I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

Char said...

Peer Pressure from you? That's hard to imagine! Looks like fun. I'm excited you'll be in Utah again. I'm sad I wont be visiting for awhile though.