Monday, October 14, 2013

Sure Have Missed You!

Well, we made it back to Utah!  But not without the help of wonderful ward (church) members.
We felt extremely blessed to have the Young Men show up with their leaders as well as the Sister Missionaries to help us move and clean up.  It went so quickly because of all the help and honestly, it was entertaining!  I had full intentions of leaving at one point of the moving process to head to a gas station to fill up for the following day; purposely waiting until all the help arrived.  Too many people in a small place and I don't mix well.  But the Young Men were cracking me up as well as some of the leaders that were almost just as "mature."  I loved it!

The boys, as well as the neighborhood kids, loved having the moving truck parked unloaded for so long before the help arrived.  It was a little boy's dream of climbing walls while dodging Nerf bullets.

I will miss all the neighborhood kids but I think what I will miss the most, and already do, is the diversity there.  The boys were surrounded by Spanish speaking students at school.  We would often hear something said in English followed by the translation in Spanish.  I loved learning new things about the different cultures as well as taking part in some of them.  

One of our neighbors is from Afghanistan and she would bring over food every once in a while because she knew I was fascinated with trying different things.

This was the first dish I tried.  It was interesting that is for sure.  I definitely like my American made stuff but I still wanted to try more and more, just to experience it all.

But I sure am glad to be back in Utah.  I have miss you!

No comments: