Saturday, September 14, 2013

Another Saturday In San Francisco

When we first found out that we would be moving so close to San Francisco, it kinda freaked me out a little bit.  I was excited about the adventures we would have in California...just not in San Francisco.  Not being a city or crowded places girl, San Francisco just seemed frightening!  So when we visited places, when we first moved here, we went everywhere but San Francisco.  But then Katie and her family came to visit us in June and wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge.  So, I sucked it up and we all went.  It actually wasn't that bad.  Don't get me wrong, I had NO DESIRE to live there but it was kinda fun.

When we first moved here, David had to work most Saturdays so not a lot of exploring went on right at first and the same went for this summer while the boys had baseball practice on Saturdays.  But I could probably count on one hand of the Saturdays that David didn't have to work that we HAVEN'T left Tracy to do something that we would only find in California.  It is going to suck coming up soon because the Amazon project is wrapping up, which means no more Saturday outings....so here comes more pictures of getting as much out of San Francisco as we can!

 I LOVE FISH!  I could totally be a vegetarian, except for the whole fish thing.  Unfortunately, it is so exspensive and I am the only one who really likes it in my family that I rarely get it.  But there was no way we were going to Fisherman's Wharf and not eating fresh sea food!  So we went to this restaurant on the wharf and I am the only one who ordered sea food!  Those darn boys!  I did make them try my crab though and they all actually liked it!  It was caught right there and freshly made and was DeLISH!
We spent most of our time at Hyde Street Pier where the boys really wanted to get on these old time cargo ships.  David and I didn't want to pay for it so we just looked from afar.  Brigham complained but he still was really interested.
 The Balclutha ship was my favorite looking one.  It made me think of a pirate ship.  It was built in Scotland in 1886. 
 We were going to ride the cable cars but the line was way too long.  But this great guy let us get on anyways to take a picture.  He even gave us some warped pennies that had been ran over by the cable cars.
 San Francisco is famous for so many things (like the before picture of the cable car) and we did not want to pass up on Lombard Street.  I had to get this picture off the internet since I never did get a good shot but it was really neat.  The boys thought it was extremely fun going down that very windy road.  Brigham was sticking his head out like a dog, of course. 
We went to Baker Beach to spend the rest of the day.
 As usual, it was really relaxing for David and I and the boys did their usual digging in the sand, trying to find water.  They dig, dig, dig, until the waves finally get to them, yell "Curse You Wave!" with fists high in the air and then giggle.
 It was a little chilly at times so here is Brigham getting warmed up by the sand.  Do you see the Golden Gate Bridge in the back?
 The new Bay bridge has only been open for a couple weeks so it was fun to say we got to go over it before we leave.  The old one is on the left of this picture.  

On the way home, David and I were just exhausted.  I always feel that way after being at the beach.  All I do is relax but for some reason it makes me sleepy....to much relaxing, I guess :)

2 comments:

Char said...

How fun! I haven't been to San Francisco is a very long time. I'd love to visit again.

Adams said...

Come visit, come visit!!!