Thursday, December 20, 2012

My 10 Year Old

Levi turned 10 today.  
Just like any parent whose first child reaches a significant number, I couldn't believe this day was already here.
 I was really struggling with my emotions most of the day, so to have all these very active boys in my home was a nice distraction.  We started opening presents right away so Daddy could have full reign of the kitchen while he cooked the pizza's (one with Levi's name written on it with pepperoni). 
I know that some kids get jealous of all the toys that the birthday kid gets, while they get nothing but it seems that is never the case in our house.  They all share everything so this next picture is PRICELESS!
Brigham kept saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" while Levi opened up his Mario 3D Land for their 3DS (from Nanny and Poppy).  I wish I would have had the camera on video because it was sooooo entertaining!
 Then I had the boys dump out all our Legos and told them that I wanted them to build me something.  I wouldn't tell them what I was looking for.  I wanted them to be creative.  I gave them 15 minutes.  The boys came up with the typical boy stuff like ships to dinosaurs eating their prey and even a innocent pyramid....that changed into a pyramid with laser guns once he (Hyrum) saw what all the other boys were building.  After I gave them prizes for all their creative works, I had them try to get them to stack all their works on top of each other.  It all kept tumbling down, so I took over the pizzas and Daddy got his construction skills on!

Then the boys each got a turn at throwing a ball at the tower.  They first had to have the ball bounce over the Lego container to get to the tower, to make it a little harder.  And just like typical boys, they found it much funner to destroy the tower than to actually build it!
Sure do love this boy of mine.  He always seems to have a ton of friends, even with all our moving around.  We have only been here a month and he had a great turnout.  It would break my heart if no one showed up because of all our moving.

Levi is still so innocent at 10 years old.  He still believes in Santa Clause, is the most obedient 10 year old I know, and as I am writing this he is playing a board game with Hyrum just because Hyrum was sad that he couldn't get the Wii to work.  That is who he is...the greatest kid I could have ever asked for to introduce me to motherhood.



3 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to Levi! I can't believe he is ten! That sounds like such a cool party idea and I love the cake.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Levi! It seems like yesterday he was just turning eight and getting baptized!! Such a fun, creative party!!! Abd I love the picture of brigham and his excitement for Levi's gift!

Mary said...

love those candles.