Sunday, April 15, 2012

Guy Weekend

David had the opportunity to spend Friday evening and Saturday in Idaho.....NOT FAIR!  Originally it was suppose to be families camping out near Lava Hot Springs but with the weather being so rainy that didn't happen.  It really isn't fair that David got to go to Idaho before I did (since moving back) but I GUESS it was Podge's birthday celebration and not about ME :)
One of the times that I talked to David on the phone while he was up there he said, "You probably shouldn't have encouraged me to go."  He had so much fun that of course he wants to go back soon and meet up with the guys (Ron and Podge).  I can't blame.  Those 3 are such good men in my eyes and it is I D A H O !  
No....I'm not obsessed....
 Then today, he got man time with Elder Sattler!  I just can't get myself to call him Zach.....just too weird.  
It was so good to see him.  David and him had a little bit too much fun while Elder Sattler was on his mission in Oklahoma....ok, maybe they got some work done...ok, so maybe they were real good about serving others but I have to give them a hard time for playing around so much too!  
He came over at 5 and didn't leave until just before 9 tonight.  I love that he still feels that comfortable with us to stay so long and just be himself.
Some cute things the kids said tonight at dinner with Elder Sattler.  We were talking about what was our favorites about Utah and Oklahoma.  Brigham and Levi feel like they have more friends now.  Hyrum informed us that Utah was better than Oklahoma because of the tornadoes!  That made me laugh because I had forgotten how scared he was that first time we had to go in the cellar during one of the times the sirens went off.  But Levi really hesitated when I asked him which state he liked better.  I wasn't surprised so I didn't make him answer.  I told him that I know how much he liked Oklahoma.  He then went on and on about how we saw so much more family when we lived in Oklahoma.  He is right.  I love that he loves his family so much.  I do too.

No comments: