Monday, April 16, 2012

Booty Strawberries, anyone?

I have a bad habit of taking the kids out to dinner when David works late.  It doesn't happen very often (Thank goodness....financially and emotionally).  Usually only once a week.  Usually I just take them to McDonald's so they can play at the PlayPlace there but Levi has been complaining that it is boring.  So I took them to a Carl's Jr tonight to change it up.  Right across from Carl's Jr is a Zupas.  I LOVE ZUPAS!  It is a soup, salad, and sandwich place and it is seriously so yummy!  I am not a fast food fan so I thought I would get something at Zupas and bring it over to Carl's Jr and then they can get whatever they want there.  
One of the many wonderful things about Zupas is that they give you a chocolate covered strawberry with every order.  The boys had never been in there before so they freaked out when they saw all the chocolate covered strawberries behind that large glass next to the cash register.  They kept begging me for one (well, Hyrum didn't.  He doesn't like strawberries.....can you believe that?!) and I finally gave in.  So the lady is ringing me up at the register when Brigham says VERY loudly, "I want the one that looks like a booty!"  I wish I could have gotten on a video camera the look of the woman's face that was at the register.
She just said, "WHAT?!" while busting up laughing.  She thought it was so funny that even though the "booty" one was the farthest one away, as she said, "You deserve the booty one!"  She even searched through the rest of the strawberries to see if she could find another "booty" one for Levi.
I love people with a sense of humor!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That is too funny! I can just hear him saying that. And actually it does look like one. Want to go to Zupas sometime soon??? I LOVE that place too:)

ryan and berni said...

Classic! That is the fun thing about kids, you never know what they're going to say...Classic. :)

Char said...

I know EXACTLY where he got his booty obsession! LOL

The Hills said...

That's awesome! I've never thought of those strawberries as looking like booties. I don't think I'm going to forget that now either.