Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Do, New You

I think I might be ready to start taking better care of myself. My poor body has went through so much in the last 5 years, physically and emotionally. Something that can seem so simple with chemical imbalances in one's brain chemistry is anything but that to someone who actually deals with it. Yet, life through this time has taught me so much. I feel past posts have shown that and I am grateful for that today. After working so hard to build my spiritual body back up I would like to continue to move forward. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I hope to take a little more time for my physical body starting today.
Spring Houck is my hair gal and she is amazing. Look what she did!
So I went to the Lower Elementary after my hair cut and color (and yes, shockingly, I added makeup!) to bring something up to Brigham. I walked past Brynlee Wilson's class and quickly went in her room to give her a hug. She got the biggest smile on her face and said, "I love your hair! You look so good!" I walk on into Brigham's class and he just looks at me dumbfounded! It was hilarious! His face was priceless. He never said anything about my new look but it was more than apparent on his face. I picked up Hyrum from school and he said, "You got your hair cut?" I asked him what else looked different about me and he said, "Somefing on your eye!" Later he asked me if I had painted my hair......he is so cute!
But what was most important to me was to see the surprise on my husbands face. I didn't tell him I was doing this. My husband has went to hell and back for me trying to find me again (and I am not using that lightly) and lately he has been so busy with providing for us so we can get into a house that I really wanted him to know how much I appreciate his hard work and for never giving up on me. You know that look on your husband's face when all he see's is beauty? That happened today and I was grateful I could do that for him.

6 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Dang Girl! =) You are so hot. I hope David gave you the kick in the bum I told him to give you. I hope to see you Saturday if you have time. Love ya hottie-pants

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Oh and I might also add that that Spring Houck chick is AWESOME!

brittany doll said...

You look beautiful my dear. I love you and I hope you feel the same about yourself. You have one awesome husband and great kids.
XOXO

Tricia said...

Ya know what I love most about YOU? Your caring heart. Your desire to do good. And most of all that your REAL. You are glowing... celebrate that you are getting healthy and that little by little you are finding yourself. It is a process and I believe we as women are always going to be going through that process. But always remember the ruby within:) You got it sister and I will always love YOU! So fun to be with you and hang out with Spring and have some girly time together.

Rebecca E. said...

I. Love. You.
I have always looked up to you and still do!

Char said...

Wow Alisa you look great? Remember that haircut you got in college to look like Carly? (or whatever that soap opera chicks name was) anyway, you look as hot now as you did back then!