Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Open House

Today was the first day of the annual Christmas Open House in Grove, OK. Grove has lots of cute little shops and every year they do an open house to boost business. Each shop has sales and treats. I was especially looking forward to it this year since 2 of my dearest friends are moving within a month of each other. They needed breaks from packing and I needed time with them before they leave me :(
This was at the first shop that we went to. Rose and I went in the back room to try their goodies. They had this slushy like drink that we wanted to try. She took a drink which led to a sour look on her face. I tried it and indeed it was sour. I really thought it tasted like apricots and so I asked one of the workers there what was in it. She proceeds to tell us that it has this and that and...... champagne in it! Rose and I just start busting up laughing! We giggled and giggled like it was the funniest thing ever and they probably thought we were the biggest weirdos but to 2 Mormons who never drink alcohol, it was pretty amusing!
This was taken in the last shop we went to. During one of our earlier visits to another shop, Amanda ran into a friend who asked Amanda if Tricia was her mother! I think Tricia might be 5 years older than Amanda so it was quite the insult! But it made for lots of "Granny" jokes for the rest of the day!
Rose's last name is Bass so we had lots of fun in this store!
Today was everything that I needed with these girls. Rose and I are really going to miss these girls......

5 comments:

Amanda said...

SUCH A FUN FUN DAY! love you alisa!!!

Amanda said...

And it's a good thing that grandma is sagging or else Tricia is fondling her :).....I hope that that isn't an inappropriate comment!!!!!

Adams said...

Ha! You have read my past comments on other blog.....not even close to inappropriate!

Char said...

Looks like such a fun time! Two years ago we were together hanging out and laughing. So fun! Lets get together again.

Tricia said...

Well mine are not sagging yet so I must NOT be your mother:)!!