Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good bye, my friend....

Tricia and I put together a going away party for Amanda Bishop and tonight was the night to celebrate.....instead of crying since I had already done my fair share of that since knowing that both her AND Tricia were leaving. I love them so much and they both have been the stay at home mommies that I needed to help me put things into perspective as I struggled to be true to what Father in heaven wants of me. I know this, but it still surprised me how sad I was of their leaving. See, David and I have been married for 9 years and out of those 9 years we have moved.........9 times! I am not used to being the one left behind plus these girls were there for me at such a critical place in my life as I was getting things back in order. I will miss them so much. But as streams of tears run down my face, I truly am so happy for them and the future that is in store for them and their families.
There were 21 of us tonight to see Mrs. Amanda off. I hope she knows just how much our branch/ward loves her and how much she will be missed.
THIS is why I love my girls!
And since a few generations of women were here tonight, we got this group picture. Can I just brag on my sister, April for a minute. I was already holding Layne when we started with these pictures but instead of her holding her own baby, she knows how self conscience I am and did her typical April thing; thought of me before herself.
Can you tell that I feel extremely blessed tonight?

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love the hair.

Char said...

What a neat picture of the Beck women! How neat to have such wonderful friends. (I want to kidnap that baby! Can you ship her to me for a few months? )

The Bass Family Pond said...

Alisa, You look beautiful...Always thought that of you. Inside and Out. And Layne is just so adorable, just want to squeeze her. ")