Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mommies night out

A few months ago 3 women in our branch (now ward!) had babies all around the same time. They had been on my mind for some time and so I started a Mommies Night Out for the women in our church who have young kids at home. Some of us are stay at home mommies, some of us work, but we all have days where being Mommy and Wife can be overwhelming and we need some girl time. Tonight was our monthly night out and with last month being Valentine's (and the big snow storms canceling last months outing) we decided to bring our wedding albums and fall in love with our husbands all over again. There was a common theme: we all married teenagers (well, they looked like teenagers at least)! All of us women looked so much older than our husbands! I'm glad to say that I think that all our husbands have caught up to us in the age looks now. Anyways, we had such a good time laughing and just being with each other but before we left, my mommy friends wanted to make sure that Renee and I got sung to tonight, free dessert, and pictures! Happy birthday to us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The branch is a ward now?!?!? I didn't know that! When did that happen?

Char said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

Tammy said...

What a fun idea! I think I might start one in my ward too!