Sunday, August 1, 2021

Hyrum is 14!

Saturday was a crazy busy day for us.  Most importantly, it was Hyrum's 14th birthday.  It was also the Adams family reunion.  We got up, drove to Saratoga Spring and spent an hour at the reunion before heading off to Cowabunga Bay in Draper to celebrate.  Levi had to work but the rest of us spent 4 hours at the water park.  Ruger even learned how to swim without his floatation device!  We went back home, jumped in the shower while David headed back to the reunion.  Ruger and I headed to the store and then went to a jump house type place (Kangaroo Zoo) for a friend's birthday party.  We all headed back home around 7 p.m. and had cake while singing happy birthday to Hyrum.  It was a long, tiring day but it was well worth it.
Just after midnight, Leia came over to wish Hyrum a happy birthday and give him a present.  I can safely say that was the best part of Hyrum's day!  She had been out all day with her family and they didn't get home till midnight but she still had to come by.  I just love her for that!  

Hyrum said the cutest thing this morning.  Soon after telling him happy birthday, he said to me, "Only two more years until I can date Leia!"  Oh, my gosh, I just love these two!

 At 14, there are obvious things that Hyrum loves....ahem....Leia.....but that was a given, right?!  But then there is also Roblox, Minecraft, online gaming with his friends, Anime, and Seiiki.  To get details like this out of his brothers might take some time getting to know them, but Hyrum is very vocal about things he loves.  He is closest to Brigham, out of all the family members.  Every Wednesday, he and Brigham thoroughly clean the kitchen and in return, I give them money so they can bicycle to the nearest gas station to get a treat.  I like listening to bits and pieces of their conversations while in the kitchen.   

For so long, Hyrum was my "baby."  It's weird for me, in some ways, to see him in this stage of life.  Figuring things out.  Loving deeply.  But I like it.  No, I love it.

No comments: