Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Poppy's Surprise

The day after Christmas I got the best gift and surprise.  A surprise that I really had no clue was coming.  My father!

Through the giving of my parents, Ronald, and Hannah, Dad was able to come to Utah and stay almost 6 days with us.  It was such a sweet sacrifice given by these people so that I could have my father near me during kind of a difficult time of year; the anniversary of my Grandmother's passing.  I think of my Mom, more than anyone that really had to sacrifice the most.  She had to sacrifice the physical support of her husband while dealing with the reminder of the loss of her mother.  I won't soon forgot this.  I love her anyway, but this act of charity makes me feel that love for her even stronger right now.







Poppy watched the boys for David and I while we celebrated our anniversary, he took the boys to a Trampoline/bounce place, we ate out a lot, we went up in the mountains to play in the snow, Dad and I just sat in bet and watched funny TV shows, and the men/boys went out to see a movie.  I think that was quite a lot for being in the middle of a pandemic.

I love my father.  We have a special bond that is obvious to others and personal for ourselves.  How do you put that into words?  I'm not sure that I quite can.  But we know.  I guess that is all that matters.


No comments: