Saturday, January 9, 2021

While Poppy was here, he watched the kids while David and I went to Park City for a day and night.  I think most parents of younger kids would understand that you don't have to do much for your anniversary as long as it consists of being alone!  We love our children dearly but it was very much needed for David and I just to focus in on us like we were able to.
When we got back, Poppy and the boys had bought David a cheesecake for his birthday.  We opened presents and then David, Poppy, and the older boys went to the theater and watched a movie.  
I love this man and I think he knows it.  I think I'm pretty apparent by my reaction to him coming home on Fridays after being away since Monday.  I think he knows it by how monopolizing I am of his time when he's home.  But I also hope he knows something.  I hope he knows how grateful I am that he is such a good example to our boys of how a man can show that same love back to his wife.  And he does.  I know he loves me.  I know he needs me.  And it feels good.
 

No comments: