Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Master of Surprises

Friday and Saturday of last week was full of surprises that actually surprised me!  There were only 2 times that I wondered if something was going on but each of those times were easily pushed off as something else.

I was laying in bed late Friday night when my sister, April, and 2 of her daughters (Allie and Layne) pulled up to our house!  Surprise 1!  They live 3 hours away and were going to spend the weekend with us. 

Surprise 2 happened the next day.  My sister and I were supposed to be heading to a Vietnamese restaurant when my parents pulled up!  Dad stayed with David and the kids while April, Mom, and I started to head off for a girls day out.  Which lead to surprise number 3! 
 Toni McPhee was at the Vietnamese restaurant with some beautiful, homemade earnings she had for all of us.  Toni had spent a few years at the church my family goes to in Grove.  But then she moved to the OKC area and just happens to go to the church that I go to!
 We then go home, to what I think is to put our leftovers in the fridge, before spending the rest of our day together just to find a houseful of people there wishing me a happy birthday!

 The funniest part had to be what my kids thought of putting on the cake!
 I was beyond, and still am impressed with the way they decorated and pulled this all together without me knowing.
Mom, April, and I did eventually end up spending the day together.  My myositis was hurting so very bad by the time that we got home, though.  I was so grateful that they did the rest of the meal shopping after they dropped me off at home because I desperately needed a muscles relaxer and my bed.
The next day I woke up with energy, no pain, and ready to say my goodbyes.  It felt good to appreciate my family without the emotions of a hard cry.  I felt like I could really say goodbye.  

This weekend truly meant a lot to me.  I know David, April, and my parents worked hard on putting it together and it won't be forgotten.

No comments: