Sunday, March 10, 2019

Busy Bees

(Bishop Dean M Davies and David)

The men working for Westland Construction have been working real hard this last month to get things on schedule but most importantly with precision.  I'm proud of my husband and these other men who have put their hearts into this temple.

There have been a few times that I have cleaned in the temple to get ready for certain people to walk through the temple.  On Friday, Bishop Davies from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints came to walk the temple with David and the other men leading this project.  Bishop Davies is a General Authority and of the Presiding Bishopric.  I only worked in the morning and if my body wasn't giving out on me by lunch time, I would have got to meet this great man as well as witnessed a beautiful blessing that was placed on this temple as well as the crew.

Instead of getting mad at my body, I told myself that God was not a respecter of persons and that I should  not be at the temple for only this man.  And honestly, I believe that.  So when David came home and told me about Bishop Davies visit and how wonderful it was, it honestly didn't bother me that I missed it.  But what I did miss was when David said that this man of authority put a blessing on the temple.  That I missed.

But David did what David almost always does.  He followed the Spirit.  And he gave ME a blessing.

I love this man.  And I so appreciate Priesthood blessings.  And I will always cherish it coming from David.  Suddenly, I wasn't disappointed that I missed that blessing from Bishop Davies in the temple after all.  Because my husband is a man of authority as well.

Just a really good reminder that night.

No comments: