Monday, November 19, 2018

How do you view yourself?




I caught David staring at me in Sacrament meeting.  When I look like this above picture, then I can see a little bit why.  But when my hair is pulled back and I have no makeup on, and he still looks at me that way, I'm baffled.  

Growing up, my Dad used to say that my song was "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" by Sammy Kershaw.  I always put that compliment off by telling myself that he was my Dad and was supposed to think that about his daughter.  Now I have a husband who thinks I'm just as pretty and probably more.

My point is not to brag that 2 men in my life think I'm beautiful but to journal how grateful I am for men in my life who lift me up.  Who see what I can't in order to try and see myself differently.  Women are so hard on themselves and I'm no different.  I'd really like to start working on loving the inside of myself as well as the outside.

Here's to new outlooks on the way I view things!

No comments: