Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Charlene and Rachel

Just a few days after we came home from visiting Oklahoma this summer, the boys and I met Charlene and her family at a park in Layton.
 All these cool "new" parks have stuff that even teenagers can play on!
 I'm always grateful when I get to see my college roommates.  That is one thing that I love about living in Utah.  Somehow Mormons always find their way to Utah so I get to see lots of friends!  Charlene was visiting from Texas and I had truly missed her.  It had been a few years since we had seen each other.
 The majority of our marriage, David and I have not lived by family.  So, I guess we are kind of used to it but it still feels a little weird not having Stephen, Holly, and their children living in Utah.  Grandma Helen lives in Provo but that is it.  No other family here and we have all missed not having the rest of the Adams here since they left for South Carolina.
 But Rachel graduated from high school and is going to BYU Idaho now!  She was staying in Utah for a little bit before heading off to Idaho.  She came over for church and dinner one day.
 A few days later, Ruger and I took her to SeaQuest.
After that, we went shopping and had lunch together.

I put  Charlene and Rachel together on here because they remind me of the Southern way of living.  I love it here for many reasons.  But I do miss the people of the South.  Talking with Rachel and Charlene was a good reminder of what our family will be living around starting next week.  I look forward to it.  I think the biggest thing I am looking forward to, when it comes to the people, is how open and willing they are to talk about their Savior in everyday settings.  I hope the boys pick up on that.

No comments: