Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sometimes You Just Need A Hike

I love living by the Air Force base and I love our little community.  I love the sounds of the jets, as it reminds me of our freedoms, but there are times that it is hard to hear nature because of all the happenings around the base.  Being so close to a city makes it hard to feel nature around us as well. 

 Luckily the mountains are almost in our back yard, so to speak.  We don't have to travel far to get to a very quiet and peaceful place.
Even with a few crazy boys, there was peace found here and there.
 Hyrum had been asking to go on a hike for a while now.  He wanted to see the snow.  Most of the trail was mushy and had patches of snow here and there.  Needless to say, everyone but Dad took off their shoes when we got back to the truck.

I saved this picture for last.  When David smiles, he gets all these wrinkles around his eyes.  I call them his "smiley eyes."  I love it!

No comments: