Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lets Play Catch Up #2?

In Levi's FACS class, they had a preschool type thing for 2 and 3 year olds.  The same as what Ruger did last semester with Maddie.  This time there were a lot more students and children.  But even with that, Ruger still got a lot of attention.  Especially with the boys.  They LOVED how active he was.  It was funny realizing that Ruger had no clue how much attention he was getting.  He was just going from one station to the next, sometimes tripping over his own feet because he's going so fast, and not even hearing the giggles and "I love that kid!" comments.
 (Levi, Ruger, and Lussee)
 For probably the last year or so I have been able to go to the temple a lot and only focus on family names.  David and I rarely get to go together but I'm just so grateful that I have such close access to a temple and a husband who will stay home with our crazy active toddler so that I can peacefully know Ruger is safe while just I go. 

When David and I were first married, we made an effort to go every Saturday together.  But I  have to admit that there were times that I felt it was too long and didn't really get the whole reason of doing it.  It feels so different now.  I go now because I have a longing to do so.  If I'm completely honest, I'm pretty sure I didn't have that feeling back then.  Knowing that I am a vessel in linking my family together and they in turn are helping me on the other side of the veil, just makes the experience different.  I feel like I'm focussing more and understanding on a different level how very important all of our roles are...on both sides.  Death is not the end.
 One day David, Ruger, and I were coming back from an insurance meeting at HHI when David thought it would be fun to stop at the train station in Ogden.  Ruger loves trains (or "ChooChoo" as he calls them).  Simple joys.
 Some time ago Brigham and Levi were working on their genealogy merit badge for Boy Scouts.  I'm too lazy to write it again so I'm going to copy and paste from Facebook.  Yep, that's how I roll.  And while I'm at it, I might as well add a few other posts from my funny boys.

"Levi and Brigham were working on their genealogy merit badge for Boy Scouts last night. One of the things that they were to do was a timeline for themselves or a relative and then write about that timeline. This is what Brigham wrote:
"David and Alisa are married. Then the tall weirdo, that is Levi, was born. I was the fabulous second child. They could not handle my fabulousness so they waited 3 more years to have another weird child named Hyrum. He was strange...and short. Ruger was adopted 8 years later. He was actually Batman."
And yes, if you look closely at his picture, apparently Brigham gets his facial hair from both his father AND mother!"


From May 21st,
"We are at the dinner table tonight when David and I ask the usual, "What did you learn in church today" question. It gets to my turn and I start talking about Naaman. Since Hyrum was in Primary when I was teaching about this man, I ask him, "What was different about Naaman?" He says something about leprosy and then ends with, "Wait, isn't that what you have Mom?" 

 And yes, he was dead serious. Eczema, son. I have Eczema."


From May 3rd,
"Levi, "Mom, do you like staying home with Ruger?" Mom, "Yes. But if I'm honest there are days that it is hard. Like when he yells at me and hits." Levi, "Well, at least you don't have to work." Instant backpedaling as he sees the look on my face to that last comment! Levi, "I mean, at least you don't have to do math." Looks at me and starts to backpedal again. Levi quietly says, "Well, except for when you are shopping." Then he gets a little louder and says, "But at least you don't have a mathy job like Dad." Son, I think you should stop talking now...."

Hmmmmm...what should I expect to come out of little Ruger when he starts to talk in sentences???

No comments: