Monday, May 22, 2017

Lets Play Catch Up!

With all this beautiful weather (and by beautiful weather I mean NOT HOT WEATHER) I have been doing most of my exercising outside and not at the gym.   Actually, I'm pretty terrible about going to the gym.  But when you have views like this, how can you not enjoy long walks.  I don't even need my music to keep me entertained while walking.  Just the views, the cool breeze and my thankful thoughts to Heavenly Father for giving me such peace.   I sure am blessed to live right next to a walking trail around a well kept park.
Levi had an assignment in FACS (Family And Consumer Sciences...what we used to call Home Economics) where he had to cook, I think, 7 recipes by a certain date.  And like most parents experience once in a while, he came to me the day before it was due!  The parenting classes in me wanted to come out and say, "Well, good luck.  That way is the kitchen!"  But the mother in me really wanted to teach him to cook!  Luckily, I was blessed with patience that day and was able to help him.  We had to take pictures of each "dish" he made but this one is my favorite.  I was trying to think of quick ones and I remembered something from when he was smaller.  When I was trying to be clever and get him to eat fun and healthy stuff.  We didn't have a popsicle stick so we used a plastic knife.  Ha!  He stuck a banana on it, dipped it in yogurt and sprinkled chia seeds as well as some chocolate chips on it.  Whala!    
 Hyrum had a mother/son bingo night at the school that he wanted to attend with me.  He was suppose to bring a blanket and pillow.  He chose a blanket Nanny made for him and his pillow that he worked so hard at getting when he was selling candy bars for the school PTA.  And I think Uncle Chuck got the shirt for Brigham years ago that has now been handed down.
I can't remember how long ago but we invited all our neighbors on both sides of the streets by our house (pretty much the whole block) to have a BBQ at our house.  I can't remember how many people we had...like 20 something...but it was nice and relaxing.  It wasn't at first because I get anxious especially when it comes to hosting things but everyone quickly made me feel at ease.  We really do have the best neighbors!
(Karl and Ruger)
 David and I tend to have late night snacks.  Sometimes it's Ramen, sometimes its spaghetti or whatever.  Almost every time, Hyrum can smell Ramen Noodles out like...well, he has a "super sniffer" like me!  Sometimes he gets, "Hyrum, you should have eaten when we told you it was almost time for bed."  But sometimes he's spoiled as we are reminded that he is on ADD medication that takes away his want to eat and when that medication runs out late at night, a little 9 year old gets hungry!
 We all know Ruger is incredibly spoiled but this just proves it!  Ruger whines that he wants to be held while Daddy is peeling potatoes and Daddy does it!
 Levi and Daddy ran a 5K to help raise money for the schools around here.  The weather wasn't the best but they did it anyway!
 Just a cool cloud formation.

No comments: