Monday, January 2, 2017

What A Way To Start A New Year!

 New Year's Eve was on a Saturday and never was I so grateful for be switching to 1:00 p.m. church!  

Later on New Year's Day we had a wonderful gift.  The Steele family came to visit!  Towards the end of church my head started to pound, my vision went blurry, and briefly my hearing was muffled.  A part of me wondered how well I would do with company but I'm so glad they came.  I really am.  They were like a pill I needed to get out of my funk.
 Like Ruger always does, he warmed up super quick. Add food to the mix and he was fast friends with these Jake and Elizabeth look alikes.
 Maybe its because I grew up with her but I can see her in all her kids.  I can see her siblings too.  I couldn't help but think of April throughout the visit.  Her and Elizabeth growing up were so fun to be around.  So full of life and happiness.
I love this picture!  Elizabeth married a soul like hers...fun!  He is a seminary teacher but you would never guess it.  Well, you would if you knew his spiritual strength, I'm sure.  But he can play around just like anyone else.  He even gave Levi permission to pick any of his older daughters that he would like.  We almost had a dowry set up by the time they left....


No comments: