Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Serving Scouts

On Sunday evening, the boys were able to take a part of a Court of Honor with the Boy Scouts.  
 Brigham was able to receive rank of Scout, Tenderfoot, Second-Class, and First-Class.  He also received a few merit badges from the weeklong camp that he and Levi went to this past summer.
 Levi had already received his rank in Scout and Tenderfoot so he was presented his Second-Class and First-Class as well as a few merit badges.
 This is the active troup.  Adam (back row, right) is such a kind leader.  He has been to many campouts with these boys and we sure will  miss him when he leaves.  I hope that whoever replaces him will show the boys to be happy in life, as well as Scouts, as he has.  Karl (back row, left) has been newly called as their leader and has worked so very hard to get these boys where they are.  I know it is the boys who do the work but, I'm telling you, it is Karl who has really encouraged them to get there.  Levi was already on his way but the 11 year old Scout program was really struggling when Brigham was in it before coming into Boy Scouts.  They didn't have consistent leaders and so Brigham was very far behind.  That's not to say that David and I couldn't have been better about doing things at home with him though, because Luke (bottom row, second to left) received over 20 merit badges tonight all because his awesome parents worked hard with him even when he didn't have the leaders to help him.  His parents made it work.  They are good examples to David and I.
 Because they had ranked so much, Momma got pinned a lot that night!  It's hard to see in this picture but I received 6 of them.  
 The Scouts are going to be serving tonight during cleanup so I thought I would share some pictures that kinda relate.
 David took this one the day after the storm.  It rained all day long and so there was a lot of backed up water at the park by our house.
Grandma Helen came up to help with the cleanup effort on Saturday.  I stayed home with Ruger and Hyrum but I guess there was a small army helping.  I look at this picture and see that this must be true.  They are raking up debris in the road.  To me that means there is a lot of help at the actual sites where the tornado touched down if they are working on small things in the road.  Like I have said in past posts, I sure am grateful for the serving community we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are getting so big ") Love the pics but love the one of you, Levi and Brigham. Happy Family. I heard about the tornado and bad weather, Geez! Good for your boys and doing good and serving.