Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween Festivities

As always, there are tons of things to do for Halloween.  Once you have kids, there are so many activities that you are invited to for Halloween.  I find it odd, I guess, because it's just Halloween.  Not a big deal in my eyes.  But I guess it is fun to dress up every once in a while (and most importantly get candy out of it :)
 Having foster children in your home has some material rewards at times.  One of the things is that we get a lot of free used clothing.  I found this "Daddy's Under My Spell" onesie in the foster care shed.  So perfect for this time of year because he really is under Daddy's spell.  He is soooooo spoiled.  Well, really by everyone but Daddy is the worst.  And Ruger loves it because it is clear that Daddy is his favorite.
 As you can see, Ruger's teeth have grown in a very unusual way, as far as order goes.  He would have been such a cute vampire or Jack-O-Lantern, huh?!  But the boys insisted that he be Batman.  The reason being that Levi is kinda obsessed with Batman right now and that Ruger makes these really deep sounded noises right now, which reminds the boys of Batman.
 So I bought Daddy a Batman shirt so we could have, ready for it......Bat Baby, Batman, and Bat Boy!
 Hyrum still really loves cats and so he is a blue leopard.  Really, the costume is from the show
Wild Kratts.  Brigham is Captain America, Winter Soldier.  Not that he has seen the movie....I think he just thought it looked cool.
 One of the many activities we had was a Trunk or Treat with our Church.  This was our display.
 For Family Home Evening, before Halloween, we carved pumpkins for the activity.  We don't usually do an activity for FHE so this was fun for the boys....and only the boys.  I really hate carving pumpkins.  Levi is becoming like me.  His is the one that is written all over.  And I'm sure you have already guessed that the puking one is Brigham's (though I have to say that it was Daddy's idea).
The Foster Care cluster that we belong to had a Young Womens/Young Mens organization that wanted to provide some Halloween entertainment for the foster children and their families.  At this point, Ruger had broken out in Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease so he couldn't go.  Daddy stayed home with him while I took the boys.
 
Of course, there were the school activities as well as the actual night of Trick or Treating but for the most part, we ended up staying home for a few of the things we were invited to.  Mainly because of Ruger's sickness and the fear of spreading it.  Halloween is fun for the boys and I love seeing their excitement over it but I have to admit that Mommy is almost always ready for it to be over with it, every year, by Halloween night!
 

No comments: