Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cub Scouts Raingutter Regatta

Last night was the Cub Scout's (from our ward) Raingutter Regatta.  But before the race, Sister Stephensen gave out awards.  Here is Brigham leading a cheer.  He's so stinkin' cute.  Even if the boy won't go to Scouts (he was only there tonight because of the race...but at least he was supporting his brother, right?)!  He got an award (which is why he was up there) but he was suppose to get this award MONTHS ago.  You get awards once a month during the pack meetings but since Brigham complains each week about not wanting to go to Scouts, yeah.....
Little things can be hard about parenting.  I think he should go.  You learn survival skills in Scouts.  You learn respect for country.  You also are away from electronics!!!!!  And I know parents who make their children go to Scouts.  I can get that because it really is such a great program.  But I also know parents, mainly parent's of the older Boy Scouts, who won't buy them a car or let them get their license unless they get their Eagle or other things of the sort.  I just don't agree with that.  I already "make" them go to church.  I don't want to "make" them do too many things.  I have seen that in certain parenting and it almost always leads to children pushing back so hard that they go astray.  I don't know.  It's hard to know what to do that is exactly right when it comes to parenting.  I guess I just have to have the faith that I am doing the best with what I know at this point of my life.
 Daddy and Hyrum made the wood part of the boat from scratch together.
 Everytime Hyrum raced on this side of the gutters he would get stuck.  But look at his face!  Instead of him crying or getting mad he was just having fun.  I was so proud of him!  When he raced on the other side, he won each time.

No comments: