Saturday, May 16, 2015

Just Sayin'

 It has been real hard for me to stay emotionally stable since Brigham's hospital stay.  I was talking to Grandma on the phone, not to long ago, and before we hung up she had to make sure that I was doing ok...really ok.  She has been so good to me about making sure I am "ok" every since Oklahoma.  At that moment I was ok.  It's just been weird how I keep bouncing around.  I'm sure the continuous sicknesses that are still going around our house aren't helping.  Now Baby Boy has Croup.  Our normally happy baby is very whiny.  But through it all I am reminded of all that I am blessed with.  Mainly because of David.  He truly loves me and like Grandma, checks up on me.  
So these pictures are from Mother's Day.  The one with David and I, we are in front of our bush in our backyard.  I get so happy when it blooms.  And the Hydrangea here are from the boys and is in one of our front planters.  David made sure they got something that would come back each year (because he knows that the only thing I like to buy yearly are my Petunias.  And that is probably because of my upbringing.  Mom always had those in our yard every summer).  He was also careful that when he and Levi planted my Hydrangea  that he didn't disturb my clovers.  Which is sweet because they are not his favorite!  I think he looks at them as weeds but I look at them and see my time spent at Annies Garden Gate.  We sold those around St. Patrick's Day.  Plus, it makes me think of my childhood.  If you chew on them they have a sour taste.  I did that a lot as a child.

I guess I needed to write this post to reflect back on home (Oklahoma).  Brigham, Baby Boy and I will be there in a few weeks and I'm extremely sentimental about it.  I am so ready for this.  I am ready for my family.  I am ready for the good people of Oklahoma.  I love it here in Utah.  I do.  But I love it for different reasons and Utah doesn't have my family nor the good Bible Belt type thinking people.  Which makes me think of Charlene.  She and her family moved to Texas last year.  I was talking to her earlier this week and she spoke of how people in Utah think they are nice but they aren't.  What she meant by that is that she grew up in Utah.  She loved Utah and I'm sure a part of her still does but leaving here and now seeing how small town Texas has shown her how different people can be she is seeing a whole new side of people.  And she is right.  I know lots of good people here in the city but its different.  It just is.  And it is hard to explain.  One day I was talking to a friend here, and after learning that I was from Oklahoma she said, "Is that why you are so nice?"  I started to laugh and she told me that she was serious because I was different than everyone else and was sincerely nice.  Can you tell I am seriously longing for Oklahoma right now?  Geez!  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed over it and I love that David has found a job that is truly making him happy.  That the boys have great examples in their friends here.  And only if we were here would we have Baby Boy in our lives so I KNOW this is where we are to be.  I guess I'm just sayin'.....

No comments: