Sunday, May 24, 2015

Yearly Tradition

It's fun when your kids get old enough and you have been doing a family tradition long enough that when you ask them questions about it, they can give you the correct answers.  I think this is the first year that I am sure they know the meaning behind Memorial Day.  The real meaning without having to be reminded.





I took this picture because of my Dad and his love for Pepsi.  This is the second year that we have went to this particular cemetery and like last year, the local funeral home was providing free drinks.  Our family has been doing this tradition of finding children and military undecorated graves for years and have done it at a lot of different cemeteries.  Each one has their own uniqueness to provide.  My favorite about this one in Ogden is that this funeral home is doing something little to make it somewhat easier on those who are mourning at the grave sites.  What a kind way to serve the public.  Simple but very kind, I think. 

No comments: