Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sooner Fans in Utah

Today was the first day back to school for the boys.  

Levi - 6th grade
Brigham - 5th grade
Hyrum - 2nd grade

This was a new school for them.  I want to say, "Poor kids..." but it just doesn't seem to phase them anymore.  I don't know, maybe it does and they hide it.  But something did feel very home-ish as we were walking to their classrooms.  The school has a program that encourages the kids to go to college by doing certain academic things.  There are contests between classes and grades and each one has their own college that they represent.  None are the same.  It was SO cool to come across this classroom that had picked the OU Sooners!  I haven't talked to this teacher yet, but I am going to see if she has any ties from back home.  Oh, and Brigham just happened to be wearing his OU shirt.  

So, I think all went well for the boys.  They seemed to be in good moods after school.  I can't believe Levi is in 6th grade.  If we were back home he would be in Middle School and that is just too weird for me to think about. 

No comments: