Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bountiful Rec Center

Yesterday the boys didn't have school and since Brigham had been asking me for a while now to go swimming, I thought we would meet Christine at the South Davis Recreation Center.

Hyrum gladly hung out with Christine in the "lazy river" while I took pictures.
We got there not to long after it opened for the day, so it wasn't very crowded but it didn't take long for that to change.  I think everyone was waiting for the big slide to open up.
(Levi going down the slide)
 (Levi)

 (Brigham)
(Christine holding Hyrum)
(and just a fun girly shot)
We spent a few hours there and then needed to get back so I could get ready to go to a Jewish Temple with a neighbor.  Most know that I am fascinated with different religions.  I love reading about them but I really love to meet different people of the religions more than  anything.  I think it stems from growing up and people "thinking" they knew what a Mormon believed because of what a non-Mormon told them.  So I am cautious about what I read and save the deep stuff for those that are actually in the religion.  So, one of our neighbors is Jewish and asked if I wanted to go to the Jewish temple with her on Friday night.

It was a very small setting but they were so laid back and I wasn't uncomfortable at all.  There was a lot of singing in Hebrew and honestly, it was beautiful.  I felt the Spirit multiple times.  They don't believe that Jesus was their Savior but they have a deep love and respect of God, or Adonai as they say.  I couldn't help but think over and over as they sang that this was Jesus' people.  They may not see Him as their Savior but He was a Jew and therefore he believed as they did, as far as worshiping their God - and His Father.  Just loved it.  So much so that I am definitely going again.  Last night was the ushering in of the Sabbath.  I would love to go again as they close it.  What a perfect way to get ready for Easter, I say.

No comments: