Monday, March 10, 2014

News Worthy

I love watching the news but for some reason today it just made me sad.  It's not like it had more negative/sad stories than usual...just for some reason it affected my spirit more than usual.  But I was on the internet just now and came across an article that was about simple, small positive things that happen that don't seem to be "news worthy," yet they are.  I thought I would add:

Back up to the time we were living in Oklahoma.  I had lost faith in a lot of things.  I stopped going to church.  One Sunday morning, while the rest of my family was at church, a lady from church showed up at my door.  She had been at church and had a prompting to go and see me.  So she left and there she was at my doorstep.  She simply told me that she was thinking of me and loved me.  Her daughter had been through a similar thing and appreciated all those around her daughter, at that difficult time in her life, who had randomly done things for her daughter.  She wanted to do the same.  This friend of mine didn't bring over a meal.  She didn't stay long.  There wasn't much to the visit, yet to me it meant the world.  It taught me two things:

1.  Church doesn't mean anything if you don't love your fellow men.  You can go every Sunday and not be a Christlike person.  It is our actions that make us Christlike.

2.  The small things that don't get a lot of recognition in life, sometimes are the most meaningful.

No comments: