Sunday, March 9, 2014

Birthday Dinners

My birthday is this month and for the last few years I have asked for a massage.  LOVE massages!  But this year I wanted to do something different.  So this year I am going to go out with my girlfriends for lunch or dinner.  But because we have moved around so much, most of my friends were made at different walks of life, in different states so to have one big dinner would be awkward since most of them don't know each other.  

I say bonus for me though, because that means that I get to go out more than once!

(Peggy and I at Rumbis.  Her birthday is this month also so I brought us cake.)

 (Tricia and I at Costa Vida.  Why not take a picture in front of a cool bathroom door sign, I say?!)

This last picture makes me laugh at myself.  Tricia took a picture of us also with her phone.  Hers was better and she sent it to me on my phone.  So, of course, I wanted to use hers on here but do you think I could get it off my phone and onto this computer?  Well, of course not!  It made me think of a small collection of stories my Grandpa Beck put together and sent me.  In it he talks about his Grandmother (Christina) and how she didn't like new technologies.  She used to say, "All these new fangled things just make a person's life more difficult."  My grandpa went on to say that he agreed with her.  And anybody who knows me knows I complain about the same thing.  Must run in the family!



No comments: