Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Soccer

Last Thursday was Levi and Hyrum's first soccer game of the season. It was extra special because it was Hyrum's first time playing. He has been so funny about it. Because he is so little and it is more about the fun, they don't really have practices. Levi, however, is old enough that practices come a few times a week so every time Levi would have a practice Hyrum would get super excited just to get sad when he found out he would not be playing. So at all the practices that I take Levi to, I have to take Hyrum and "practice" with him. Needless to say, he was thrilled when last Thursday finally rolled around.
Tricia is his coach and if that wasn't cool enough, Preston gets to be on his team! By the end of the night, I felt like we had a good amount of the ward watching the game (Wilson, Thatcher, Bishop, Beck, Bass, and Adams families). It was really fun, actually. The only problem was that Levi's game was during the same time. The good thing was, though that they were right next to each other.
Tonight was a game for Levi and I was so excited to have my camera this time (my battery was dead last week). But he really didn't get much playing time this week so I couldn't wait any longer to get my boys on the blog and had to resort to these 2 phone pictures. Here David is about to get ran over by Levi on the field!
These were the only pictures that turned out well tonight. Lately, I have been taking Preston and Brynlee a few days after school so they can have play dates. I love them both but I have to admit that I look forward more to the Brynlee play dates, probably because I finally get a girl in the house. She is just such a sweet heart and I truly do love her. She and Brigham are in the same grade and I love that he will actually play with her. Brigham is completely all about the boy stuff. Levi would play with a girl but Brigham has been a mans man since birth. So I was delighted when I over heard him say today (at our play date) to Brynlee that she should look for him at recess and that they would play. I caught them doing this while Levi was playing soccer tonight. Here they are trying to "attack" each others shadow.
Oh the imaginations of children!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh how I love YOU and your family. Love the pictures of Brynlee and Brigham. Makes me SMILE:)