Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Utah or bust!

I will warn you of many pictures! It was hard narrowing down to these ones only! There were many times on our trip that I had to delete pictures to make room for new ones. We hadn't been to Utah for 2 years and I wanted to capture it all in pictures to get me through till the next time!
We stayed with Stephen and Holly in Spanish Fork and we were so grateful for their hospitality. I couldn't believe how much some of their children had grown up while others looked the same.
Here is Abbey and Hyrum showing their identical dimples! They are only a few months apart in age so it is perfect that they share this cousin trait!
Little Stephen let Levi help him with his club house that he is building.
And we took advantage of the nice (non-humid!!!!!!) Utah weather and played as much as we could outside.
Grandma Helen came over and showed the kids some games that she used to play as a child.
Little Stephen was so funny after she showed them one of the games. He said, "This is a pilgrim game..." We just laughed as Helen took it in good humor as her grandson just unknowingly called her "old!"
On Friday, Helen and I along with the boys headed up to Logan for Ronald and Hannah's wedding. It is an odd thing to not actually lay eyes on your future sister-in-law until she walks into the sealing room, minutes before she is married for eternity to your brother! However, I immediately felt her love for my brother and if only I could have captured Ronald's face. He was beaming at his Hannah. As I was leaving the sealing room, just before hugging Hannah for the first time, I couldn't control my emotions as I realized that she had prepared herself for my little brother for years. I am truly grateful for her.
Uncle Bubba and the boys!
On the way back to Spanish Fork, we went by to see our Rexburg friend, Christine (in Sandy). Christine was like a second mother to Levi. I can't express how much she meant to David and I while in college. She was our family away from family. Here she is showing Hyrum tricks that her Daisy can do.
The next day was the reception and just as you would expect with Ronald, his reception was not normal! The usual light refreshments was out the door as he and Hannah had cake......and otter pops to serve their guests!
After the reception, some friends of mine meet at the SCERA park in Orem for a big play date. I can't get over how pretty my girlfriends are getting with age....definitely the opposite for me!
Holy cow I love this picture! Sure miss those mountains! I can't believe that was my backyard for 2 years! And I LOVE these 2 girls! April hadn't seen Elizabeth for almost 10 years and the second they saw each other, it was like time had stood still.....as you can see from their faces!
Little "Deb" was the baby to goo all over. Be(i)n and Laurel's youngest, Olivia, was so cute! I miss my friends so much! The Brennan's have 3 girls and I need them to live closer together so I can plan their arranged marriages!!!!!
On the way home we stopped to let the kids explore at a dinosaur museum in Colorado. It was neat to be able to feel real dinosaur bones and to watch, behind glass, as workers were digging in rocks to find new fossils.
And where was David throughout this trip, you ask? Sick as a dog!!!!!!
This picture does not do justice to what his face actually looks like. I started counting his cold sores and decided it was pointless after 20. I took this picture because of him complaining about the leopard neck pillow that I bought as we were traveling out to Utah. I looked over at him while I was driving back to Oklahoma and couldn't stop laughing as he was making fun of his manhood as he was wrapped in this pinkish baby blanket with the leopard neck pillow!
His sickness started on Friday morning. As I was trying to get us ready to head to Logan for the wedding, I hear this adult puking in the bathroom. He had thrown up 3 separate times and was laying on the bathroom floor as I was heading out the door. What followed was 2 more days of diarrhea. His fevers spiked so much that he was hallucinating. Of course, the sickness spread to the kids but affected each one differently.
We were suppose to leave right after the play date on Saturday so we could drive straight threw and get David back to work on Monday.....but here we are Tues. night and just arriving home.
WHAT A TRIP!!!!!

2 comments:

Char said...

Come to Idaho and get your Dr.Pepper! I'm glad you finally made it home ok.

brittany doll said...

I'm glad you make it home safe. I'm happy we got to see each other only if it was for a few hours. and thanks for the compliment. Love you!!