Friday, November 12, 2010

Grove's Christmas Open House

Today and tomorrow is the Christmas Open Houses for most of the small businesses in Grove. It is a big deal to these businesses, as it brings in a lot of traffic. Today was suppose to be my day off, but of course I was "on call" considering what day it was.
Tricia, Amanda, and I thought it would be fun to do this together. I have been in most of the shops around here but they hadn't; plus, all these shops do something different for the open houses. There were tons of free food, drinks, and even some merchandise if you bought stuff.
All of my kids were in school so I was able to get the girl's little ones distracted while they shopped. But sometimes I had to distract my adult friends as I got them to do immature things for the camera!
Here is our RELIEF SOCIETY president giving this tuxed out man a dollar as we were going into one of the many shops we visited today....but hey! At least she wasn't putting it in his pants or something..... ....hmmm.....our RELIEF SOCIETY PRESIDENT and a member of the PRIMARY PRESIDENCY wearing beer glasses. Nothing like seeing a couple of obvious non drinking Mormons sporting beer gear! Hey, at least little Reece was covered up in her carrier and wasn't able to witness Mommy and her habit....I mean......
It wasn't long before I was called into work because Annies was getting quite busy on their own but I had a wonderful time being with my friends just being silly. It really is so good to just get out and be with girls sometimes. It is funny to me that depending on which of my friends I am out with, has everything to do with the very different things we laugh at. In this case, being with my Mormon friends, we always get a kick of things that we don't do in the church....hence, the beer classes. We just laugh and have a great time with all the "worldly" things that we don't get involved with in our normal lives. I'm just glad we don't take things so seriously!

2 comments:

Char said...

That reminds me.... wasnt I suppose to get a free ornament or something last year? I totally missed the Grove free stuff. I still have my Bubba pen in my purse though! It makes me smile.

Amanda said...

It was sooooo fun! thanks for inviting me!!