Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting to know Levi

Tonight was Nanny and Poppy night for Brigham and Shaylee and so that means that tonight was Levi's date night with one of us. David and I switch off on who gets to have the alone time. The kids are always bringing home "Book It" certificates (a free personal pan pizza for reading a certain number of books) and ice cream certificates for a number of different things. It is so nice to have these coming home because we use these on our date nights....makes for cheap dates! Then we are not worrying about money while we have our alone time with our boy. Tonight was my night with Levi and off to Pizza Hut we went. We got to spend more time than usual because our server didn't realize that they didn't have black olives (Levi is just like his mamma!) for our pizzas. So after we switched the order up a little bit they gave us some free Chocolate Dippers....just what Levi had been asking for. Once again, just like his mamma; he loves his chocolate! Anyways, as we are waiting all this time, there was a lot of room for conversation. It is sad to me that it takes times like these to really get to know your child. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that. I mean, you really get to know someone while watching them interact with others. I watch Levi all the time playing and giving with his brothers. But I don't take the time to just talk to him. So here are some of the fun things I learned about Levi tonight.
Favorite Color: Gray - "It used to be green" but now is gray because of Wolverine and "on his hand has cat thing spikey that goes..." and then he makes some sound that indicates those spikey things coming out of Wolverine's hand.
Friends: Has 14 friends - but they are all "great" and can't pick just one so he decided to play by himself today.
Dating: I told him that one day he would take some other girl on a date here (Pizza Hut). He informed me that he would not take a date there. When I asked him where he would take his date I just knew he would say McDonald's! He thought and thought and then finally said, "Church!"
Conclusion: I have a real good and cute boy!

4 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

That's awesome...Lilly loves church. hehehe =)

Mary said...

I love random kid honesty.

Char said...

I'm pretty sure my boys wouldn't have even thought about taking a date to church. In fact, two of my kids told me today they didn't want to go to church. Ethan because he didnt feel well, McKenna because its just too long. They both ended up going anyway.

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

that is too cute! I with you Marie Lilly loves church there you go see we need Marie in our family! I love taking a date to church and McDonalds maybe for the dollar menu! And gray is a good color! I love that and him too cute!