Thursday, January 11, 2024

Catch up for Fall 2023

 Ok, I have gotten behind from time to time but months behind is something else!  Being this far behind, I'm bound to leave something out.  I'll do the best I can remember.

Our ward had a cultural night where everyone had the opportunity to represent their culture through food, activities, or display.  We had to represent OKLAHOMA, of course!  Ruger insisted we bring crawdads!  All that time spend at Little Blue catching crawdads must have paid off in his memory!  The picture above is with Arika who came down to visit Hyrum.  Hyrum isn't the only one who loves it when Arika comes.  Mom does too!  She is the sweetest and I just love her!


Annie, Peggy, and I met up for lunch a few months ago.  I hadn't seen Annie in almost 10 years while Peggy and I had been going on 2 years probably.  We definitely laughed but there was serious conversation to be had as we caught up and realized that all of our families had been through the ringer.  I'm so grateful I could be open and honest with them as they were with me as well.  It felt good to feel their strength and know my challenges were safe with them.
Levi received the Melchizedek Priesthood.  We went to church with him that day and got to meet his Bishop.  He is an amazing man, well, the whole Bishopric seemed amazing but I was super impressed with the Bishop and his love for Levi. 
We still had many visitors coming to see the kittens.

Levi is not a cat person but as the kittens grew up, I noticed him pay more and more attention to them.  It was cute seeing him interact with them.
David got a few pictures of the little ones sleeping on me.
And I caught this one night as this kitten was searching for a warm place to sleep.  Needless to say, Ruger loved seeing this picture in the morning when I showed it to him.
Ok, so Levi and Ruger has such an interesting relationship.  Ruger plays the best with Levi, out of his brothers, but he also physically fights the most with him.  It's actually kinda humorous.  They beat up on each other like it's no big deal.  They also tease each other a lot.  So, when David and the boys were carving their pumpkins, Levi secretly carved in the word "TURD" into his with an arrow.  "Turd" is what Levi calls Ruger a lot of the time.  After everyone was done and we took the pumpkins outside, Levi placed his so that his pumpkin was pointing towards Ruger's pumpkin.  We laughed so hard at this but surprisingly Ruger did not find it funny at all!  We had to hold Ruger back from kicking in Levi's pumpkin!
I don't carve pumpkins.  It really grosses me out.  But I did have our family start this "thankful pumpkin" that we worked on in October and November.  When we remembered, I had each family member tell me one thing they were thankful for that day.



No comments: