Monday, July 3, 2023

Some Other June Happenings

For Mother's Day, I got my Mom some llama earrings (she loves llamas!) and a type of activity book for her and I to work on together.  We have worked on it for a little over a month, every Sunday, and I've loved how it has gotten us to remember things as well as learn new things about each other.

Some of the activities have needed pictures.  Here was the very first one I put together.  The first picture is probably my favorite picture of my Mom and I together when I was little (I was around 3 years old).  The one on the right is the last time we were together in April of this year.

One of my qualitites that we went over was being a good friend so I put together this little timeline of some of my dearest friends.  I couldn't get them all in (and I'm hoping my dates are right) but I sure do love all of my friends, past and present!
This is a cropped version of one of the pictures we used in our books.  I thought Mom looked so pretty and happy that I wanted it journaled here too.
One of the things we went over was touch.  I love the soft, silkly feel of Okayu.  Next to her is Pinkie, probably my favorite stuffed toy David has ever gotten me.  I sleep with it every night.  And then of course there is David.  My favorite thing of all time to snuggle!

Helen's birthday and Father's Day were close in dates so we celebrated them together.  David is wearing one of his gifts from Levi (shirt).  Levi had also gotten him a card that when David opened it, it said things like, "Dad, dad, dad....father, father, father..." over and over.  Most cards turn off the sound when you close them but this one was made so that you could not stop it from talking for 2 HOURS!!!!  Hilarious!  Levi was nice though and warned him that if he tried to take out the battery that the card was made to spew out glitter.  Ha!  This is him nervously ripping it apart.  But to his luck, it didn't explode.

Cami and I are starting up our weekly hikes.  We have been to Grotto Falls before but never with the amount of water that was coming out of the falls like this time.  It was awesome!


Hyrum went on a youth temple trip (Provo temple).



 

No comments: