Friday, July 22, 2022

Brigham's 18th Birthday!

 Brigham wanted to go to Lagoon Amusement Park for his birthday.  With David having his own basement company and Levi working for him, they could could take it off during the middle of the week.  The 13th was a very hot day so I was so grateful there was a water park area.  Ruger and I rode 3 rides and went straight to the Lagoon - a - Beach area for the rest of our time there....thank goodness!




Daddy and the older boys stayed in the amusement park area for hours.  I don't know how they did it!


It is weird having 2 sons who are "adults."  But a part of me felt like I was already dealing with that for quite some time.  Brigham is incredibly responsible for his age.  He takes charge immediately when Dad isn't around.  He's wise.  He protects his mother.  I felt his "old soul" even when the Covid-19 vaccinations came out.  Even though he was still a "child" I let him choose.  He choose not to get vaccinated, a part of me regretted letting him choose, but the bigger part of me knows he thought it through.  I would have chosen differently for him but I'm confident he researched it more than I did.  When he was a toddler, he was crazy hyper (you'd never guess that from him now) and would argue EVERYTHING he didn't want to do.  It was sooooo annoying!  One day I was super frustrated with his arguing.  David told me, in complete confidence, that Brigham would grow up to be one of the strongest people we'd know when it comes to convictions.  That he'd rarely let others sway him into believing something he had already thought through.  That forsight was wisdom for sure because that couldn't describe Brigham today any better.  I love that old, wise soul of his so much.

No comments: