Wednesday, June 29, 2022

What do you see?

Charlene Wilhelmsen came to Utah on her way to Idaho so, of course, Brittany Doll and I had to get together with her.  And why wouldn't there be some shenanigans??!

We were talking away when the subject of one of Charlene's daughters came up and her talent in not only drawing but also being able to see cerain things in art.  Just seconds before I had noticed the painting behind Charlene and how a certain part of the picture looked, well...  
Well, what do you see?  After Charlene made the comment about her artistic daughter, of course, I just naturally went into, "Like the picture behind you.  Would she see feet or a butt?"  We laughed but what we really enjoyed was my insisting on taking a picture with the artwork before we left and trying to be sneaky about it.
Ok, so I'll admit that it doesn't take much to entertain me!

But what a wonderfully good time we had today.  The time flew by as we talked, laughed, and even cried a bit.  I will forever be grateful that the Lord placed us together as roommates 25 years ago.  With the Marco Polo app in our lives now, we probably talk to each other 3-6 times a week.  Our conversations are almost like therapy to me.  I needed them 25 years ago, I need them today, and I'm pretty sure I'll need them for the next 25+ years too!
 

No comments: