Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020


 Our food portion of Thanksgiving didn't go as planned but the activities went perfect.  Grandma Helen couldn't come because of Covid-19 so we thought we'd be spending Thanksgiving by ourselves but about 2 days before, Rachel and Stephen contacted us that they would be in Utah and would like to spend it with us.  I'm so glad that they did!  They are such good young adults and I truly love them very much.  

We ended up eating much later than planned but with having FHE with Rachel and Stephen and then playing games, it just went perfectly.  Plus, we had the opportunity to bring food over to a single mom who's children where at their Dads for the weekend.  She was sick and alone and it felt really good to not just help her, but to show the kids.  I often bring meals to people, actually, but I usually do it in private.  But this time I talked to the kids about it because I realized that they will never learn from me to serve in ways like this if I don't show them.

No comments: