Sunday, July 5, 2020

Canoeing on Provo River

July 3rd was Grandma's birthday.  She would have been 79.  I knew it could possibly be a hard day so I really wanted to stay busy.  David and I decided to rent some canoes and go down Provo River with the boys.  I'm so glad we did!  Provo River doesn't have the cleanest water (which is something I am normally really picky about) but I knew David would enjoy it since he practically grew up on that river!  And for me, it made me think of my teenage years growing up in the Grove Branch and all the youth (LDS Young Women and Young Men programs) canoeing trips we went on almost every summer.



 David really wanted to find this rope swing before we went home.  Probably 30 minutes before we had to turn in the canoes, we found it!  I didn't even try to attempt it but everyone else did.  Yes, even Ruger.  That kid is fearless!
The whole day turned out to be just what I needed.  We even lost power for a few hours which turned into some makeshift adventures.  Most of all, I was so glad David was home for this bittersweet day.

No comments: