Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Brigham is 16!

Brigham has been wanting to go to a shooting range for a little bit.  Since David wouldn't be here on Brigham's actual birthday, David took the older boys to a range.  Just as I suspected, Brigham loved it.  With the boys not in Boys Scouts anymore, they really aren't around a lot of opportunities to use guns anymore.  But I think David and Brigham will be at the range again soon.


  Do you see the little "creeper" in between Brigham and the table?
Brigham wanted to go to Lagoon with some of his old friends.  Clayson lives about an hour and half away from us and Zoey has moved to Washington state (but was here visiting her Dad for the summer).  I love that after all these years, these 3 still get together whenever Zoey comes in.
Not to long ago, I confessed to Brigham how difficult of a toddler he was.  I told him that when he was little I used to cry and wish that he would just grow up!  I told him this because Ruger had been getting on his nerves with how loud and hyper he was.  I wanted Brigham to know, and honestly remind myself, that one day Ruger wouldn't be this hyper ball of energy.  He would change.  I told Brigham that now he is as close to a perfect teenager than I ever could have imagined.  To know Brigham as a toddler and young child and then to know him now is a night and day difference.  My most prized attribute about Brigham, that I hold very dear, is how protective he is of me.  I think I hold it so close to my heart because I used to say that even as a little baby, he didn't like me.  He was a man's man from infancy!  But as he has gotten older he has shown a protective nature of me!  He showed characteristics of watching out for others as a young child, though.  I remember when Brigham was probably around 4 or 5, Grandma Helen called him "Brigham the Defender."  Even she noticed that at his young age, he was different.  Now he is 16 and when Ruger talks back to me, Brigham won't have it!  He is firm on this every time.

I love Brigham so very much.

No comments: