Sunday, April 26, 2020

"Social Distancing" in St. George

Since the world has been in quarantine, pretty much everyone has been in some kind of new way of life.  Some has seen small changes while others has been huge.  For me, it is small.  The only difference is me homeschooling Hyrum and Ruger being home all the time now.  Levi and Brigham take care of their own schooling.  David is still at work.  I was still in school until about 2 weeks ago.  

I hate to admit it, because I know there are people who have major changes with this but I was a little jealous of the husbands who now get to stay home.  I know that could seem insensitive to some because some of those husbands are out of work now.  I just wish I could be "forced" to stay home with my husband.

A few weeks ago was spring break from school and originally we were going to spend it in St. George with David.  But there was a heavier lockdown in Utah than now.  You were supposed to stay in your county unless it had something to do with work.  But last week was really hard on both David and I.  When he came home for the weekend, we both had had it and he asked for sometime off and we just decided we were going to go to St. George with him the following weekend (this weekend).  Come to find out, though, the governor had put less restrictions on the state that day and we were able to travel anyways!
 (On our way to St. George, Utah)
 On the first full day that we were in St. George we went to a place just inside of Arizona called Glitter Mine (Glitter Mountain).  It is just a few mounds with crystal selenite everywhere.  It makes it sparkle in the sunlight and it is definitely a site to see!
 We went back to the patron housing and took a nap but later that evening we went to the mountains over by the big "Dixie" sign on one of the mountains.  It was probably one of the most peaceful places I've been to.  It was so unique and just beautiful.





Ok, so this was definitely out of my comfort zone.  Actually, Hyrum struggled with it too.  See me clinging on for dear life to my husband?  Yeah, Hyrum and I struggled with the heights on parts of this hike.

(Here we are on one the tallest mountains there with the St. George temple in the background)

No comments: