Tuesday, August 23, 2016

2016-2017 School Year

Last week we were able to go to the Junior High to get Levi and Brigham's schedule, locker combinations, and find classes.  But because that was the morning that within 1 hour we had 2 puke mishaps and diarrhea, before we were suppose to be up at the school, pictures never got taken.

Though that does remind me of an experience that I had that I meant to write on yesterday's post.  It was the beginning of my spiritual experiences that seemed to happen randomly throughout the week.  Those experiences kept me going.  Again, thank you Jesus!

So, I woke up to Ruger crying.  I always dread that first day, of getting him out of bed, right after David has left for the week.  Because it is so early in the morning, Ruger doesn't know he has left.  I swear it's like his face falls when I open up that door.  He knows that if Daddy is home, that Daddy is the one who is going to get him up.  So yeah, like Tuesday mornings usually go I wasn't all that anxious to get him out of bed.  But this time I got to open the door to the surprise of the wonderful smell of vomit.  Yeah, it was so bad that I just threw the pack-in-play away.  We had another one anyway, so I didn't feel that bad about it.

After giving him a bath and then feeding him, he has a diaper blowout.  I change his diaper and clothes and am about to get his shoes on when he pukes.  So another bath happens along with the 3rd clothes change.  Yes, all within the hour.  

At this point, all I can do is stop us all and say a prayer.  I asked Heavenly Father to please stop
Ruger from puking long enough to be able to do the school thing.  We spent over an hour at the school getting things in order as well as going over where Brigham's classes were a few times so that he felt more comfortable with the layout of the school.  Not once did Ruger puke or dirty his diaper.  The Lord truly was looking out for us.
 Last night was the elementary school's open house.  We went early in hopes of being able to talk to Hyrum's new teacher privately and even though we were the first there, it wasn't long before others were behind us.  So her and I had a meeting today after school today.  Turns out one of her children is medicated for ADD as well.  She had so many pointers for me and I quickly felt that Hyrum couldn't have been put into a better classroom than with Mrs. Cullimore this year.
 The first day of school finally arrived.
 There were a few indications that Brigham was a little nervous about the new school and new experience of having 8 different teachers, but I dropped them off early so that Levi could go over with him where his classes were again.  It was interesting that when we went last week to pick up schedules and stuff, Levi didn't even check to see where his classes were.  Oh the difference a year makes and you're a pro!
I wanted to capture the boy's personality with their shirts on the first day of school this year.  Levi's favorite pop is Coke (I hope Poppy doesn't disown him after seeing this picture:) while Brigham is obsessed with bacon.  But when I saw Hyrum's shirt at the store, I couldn't buy it fast enough!  This is just so him.  And he by far appreciated his shirt the most out of the 3 boys.

All in all, it was a good first day.  No mishaps.  I have a few friends who were struggling today with sending their kids off.  But like I have said before, I'm just so proud of these boys.  That's not to say that in the future it won't hit me hard but for now, I'm just so proud of who they are and I just know they are going to do the best that they can do.  They are going to be good examples to their peers.  And that is really all that I can ask for. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes a difference when you (their parent)teaches them about life, the gospel and love. When kids have that, they will be pretty good kids. So, go ahead and feel proud of them and enjoy the moments. Puke and all....")
Pat yourself on the back while you're at it, cuz that's exactly what it takes, Parents who love and teach their kiddo's....

Adams said...

Puke and all! I love you, Rose :) :) :)