Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas Eve!


Just as I can remember it being hard to wait all day on Christmas Eve until the unopening of gifts, the boys struggled as well.  But I used there anticipation to my advantage (yes, I'm a mean mom) and kept saying things like, "We aren't opening gifts until the dishes are done."  "We are not opening gifts until your rooms are cleaned."  There were a few grumbles but its not like they are not used to doing all those things every day anyways...but David may have added a few things like cleaning the bathrooms.  Aw, yeah!
But they made it and unwrapping finally began.
 This was my favorite gift that Ruger got.  My Dad has always gotten the boys their first football.  I had totally forgotten about that until Ruger opened this gift.  After all, it has been almost 8 years since we got our last football.  I am so grateful for our family's love for our children and keeping traditions.
 All 3 boys got drones for Christmas from my side of the family.
 I had all of us open one of our presents earlier that day.  It was the pajamas that my mom always sends every year.  I thought we would take showers and put them on before opening presents.
  Hyrum's favorite gift was probably a close tie between a stuffed enderdragon that he got from Poppy and Nanny and a new Minecraft game from Uncle Chuck.
And THIS was the best gift of the night!  My mom has always gotten David Snickers throughout the years but nothing like this!  Snickers are David's favorite candy bar.  Not that "favorite" is like a "favorite" to a Beck though.  We LOVE our chocolate.  Chocolate is ok in David's eyes.  But there is a story behind David and Mom and these Snickers. 

Mom bought David a Snickers once (I think it was when she came up for Levi's birth).  He kept it in his pocket for DAYS!  That is insane to think that a Beck could ever have that kind of self control with having chocolate around for that long without eating it.  He'll probably have all this "Yard Snickers" till next Christmas, knowing him.  Oh wait, he is married to me....

No comments: