Monday, July 6, 2015

Fourth of July Weekend

This past weekend was so fun.  David got Friday off, since the 4th of July was on a Saturday.  We used that day to have some family time.
 We went to the Clearfield Aquatic Center.  It was a little more crowded than I cared for but I had my family and that is all that mattered.  Then we went to Swigs, which is a Pop (Soda) shop where they mix all kinds of different flavors in your pop.  It is seriously so good.  I'm so glad that it is in Clinton though because I don't usually drink pop anymore and I fear that if we had a Swigs close by I just might start that pop habit up again.
 We posted on our ward's Facebook page that if anyone didn't have plans that they were more than welcome to join our family for fireworks.  We ended up having 18 people all together. 
 
My friends have always been so important to me.  And in our early years of marriage, I relied heavily on making those friendships because we moved around so much.  But as time has went on, new friendships aren't as fiercely important to me anymore.  It's not that I don't appreciate new friendships, its just that I am so comfortable with my family now that even if we were to pack up and move tomorrow, I know I have my little family to rely on.  And most importantly, my husband is my best friend.   So the 4th of July firework celebration at our house was a great time but honestly, I put out that open invitation because I know how very important it was to me when we first were moving around like crazy.  There were so many good families that knew that we didn't have family near by, so they lovingly took us in on certain holidays.
 
One of my favorite memories of that was the Thanksgiving that we spent in Colorado.  Thanksgiving screams "family holiday" to me.  Yet, the Applegate's invited us anyway to their home and it was wonderful.  In fact, 2 other families had invited us over.  So, I remember how special that was for our little family to be invited and I wanted others to feel the same in our ward.

(Just a throwback memory of that Thanksgiving in 2005)
 
I love this picture because you can see not only our firework but one in the background!  It was so fun to sit in front of our house and watch our fireworks as well as lots of them going on around our house.  They were coming from every direction.


No comments: