Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day of Dates

Hyrum came home from school with a coupon for a free meal from Applebee's as well as for an entrance to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden.  I like to surprise the boys with taking them out of school every once in a while for lunch or something special.  I did it for Levi a few weeks ago just to get him a haircut and take him out to lunch.  So I used these "coupons" that Hyrum had as a bribe to clean his room.  He is such a messy boy and I help him way to much when it comes to getting it cleaned.  I have tried to take privileges away from him but he just whines and whines.  Even getting out of school wasn't enough for him to just get right on it.  But he finally surprised me with cleaning his room all by himself one night and I was so proud of him!

 So, I spoiled him at Applebee's and even got him a shake!

 After lunch we headed for the Treehouse (children's) Museum.  This time together was so fun because he was so appreciative of everything.  And he melted my heart quite a few times when he brought up wanting to be like our Savior at random times.  I am so blessed to be the mother of such good boys.

 In January, David started working for CenterCal.  I will have to journal about that later.  It has been a testimony of our faith in tithing.  But that will come later.  The above picture is at Station Park in Farmington.  CenterCal owns Station Park, which is a shopping district.  David and I got to watch the fountain shows as we ate dinner at ParkStone Wood Kitchen.  One of the perks for working for the company that owns the property was him being able to reserve a seat right next to the window to be able to see the beautiful show.

 I don't know that I can express in words just how much I enjoyed this date with my husband.  We very rarely go out on dates.  We usually get take out on Friday night, after the kids go to bed, and then just eat it while we watch something on Netflix.  That is our dates.  And honestly, that is just fine with me.  For so long, I was so scared to get babysitters.  I worried the majority of the time we were away so this is what our dates ended up to be.  Then, as time went on and I lightened up, well, we were just used to this type of "dating."
I didn't realize just how much I "loved" really dating my husband the old fashioned way until Friday night.  We walked around and shopped but most importantly just truly enjoyed ourselves.

So, I was super blessed on this Friday as I got to go on 2 dates with some super cute boys in my life.  I love being surrounded boys and I love it when I am so very aware of their love for me.

1 comment:

Char said...

How sweet! Youre such a good mama.