Friday, February 13, 2015

Bragging on my Husband

I find myself having a hard time talking about how amazing my husband is to some people.  For those who have a good relationship with their own spouses, it easily comes out.  But for those who aren't as blessed with a stable companionship or for those not in a relationship at all, I keep it to myself.  I don't want to "rub it in their faces," so to speak.  But I had an experience last night that made me rethink this.  Maybe I should open up more, cautiously of course, to help others know that it can be another way if both sides work hard.  Or to give someone something to look for in the dating scene.

I went to dinner with a friend from church last night.  She is pretty and spiritually amazing, in my eyes, and I can't imagine why she isn't married.  But certain things in life will always baffle me, I guess.  At one point, she told how as she was getting to know me her roommate had told her how much she was going to like me....blah, blah, blah.  Compliments (that I appreciate very much) but I don't want to share so I don't come off as bragging.  BUT, I do want to share what her roommate said about David.  She told her how it was very apparent how much David loved me.  

I don't know how many times I have heard that.  And you don't know how many times that it makes me feel a tinge bit guilty.  I know I don't put into mine and David's relationship like he does for us.  I can be so selfish.  But this man always puts me first.  There are times he forgets things, but that is forgetting.  Not something done on purpose.  

There is such beauty in companionship.  Learning about yourself because for the first time you can truly be yourself around someone.  I wish this for my single friend.  I wish this for my friends that are in rocky marriages. 

So I will continue to cherish mine and David's relationship.  I will continue to let our children see us cuddle and make each other laugh because I want that for them in the future so badly.  They deserve that.  We all do.  And I am so grateful that the Lord guided David into my life to show me what a stable, loving and happy companionship can be and should be like.

David made this for me for our anniversary last year.

2 comments:

Char said...

He is such a wonderful guy. You two are perfect together!

Peggy said...

Love this! Love you guys!!!!