Monday, July 28, 2014

Ogden Utah Temple

(before)
The Ogden, Utah temple has been under remodel for quite some time now.  Big D Construction was a part of this reconstruction of the picture above to the picture below.
(after)
Because David works for this company, he was able to get us in before it was open to the public.  Our family has never been to an open house before, so it was special for us.
Especially since the 2 older boys are old enough for them to ask serious questions of curiosity.  Hyrum just wanted to touch everything :)  Do you see the booties on Hyrum's feet?  He forgot to take them off when we left the temple.  Such a cutie.


Afterwards, they had a little reception area with this Christus.  They boys did so well, and I'm so grateful we were able to go in a time in their lives where they weren't bored and knew enough about the gospel that it was interesting to them.  Brigham asked a lot of questions, which is typical of him anyways.

I am so grateful for my eternal family.  That intense feeling came as we watched a video in the building next to the temple.  Elder Holland said, "I wouldn’t know how to speak of heaven without my wife and my children. It would not be heaven for me."

Can you imagine Heaven without your spouse?  Children?  When you think of eternal principles in this way, everything else in life, especially the trials, seem so unimportant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so Beautiful and you got to experience it with your children. I love the Temple