Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mini Family Reunion

Yesterday all of David's brothers with their families, as well as their Dad and his family, were at our house. 
(Aaron, Steve, Barbara, Stephen holding Abbie, Chloe, Stephen Jr, Keiran, Holly, Rachel, Erin holding Mason and Bridger, Rob holding Hesston, Alisa holding Hyrum, David, Brigham, and Levi) 
Every summer the Adams' has a family reunion put together by Steve Adams and his siblings.  Rob and Erin's plane tickets were bought in advance (they live in Texas) so when the Adams family reunion was changed to a date for next month, they came anyway.  Steve (he and his family live in Nevada) hadn't seen all his sons together in years so he decided to come up as well so we could have our own little family reunion.
 All the spouses in the Adams' family know that if the men get together, they want to be working.  That is how they bond.  I want to plan things and keep everyone else entertained but that never seems to happen when it comes to this side of the family.  I think I have finally gotten used to it.  As much as I would rather go and do stuff, I sure am grateful that the Adams's boys have a VERY strong work ethic.
 So David had a project for them.  He had already started on laying some bricks around our garden but it is hard labor with getting the bricks, cutting them, taking out the grass, and then putting the brick in.
 But with brothers and Dad helping, it went so much more easier for him.  Plus, having others input really helped make it unique.  Stephen was the one who came up with this idea to put a pattern in the bricks and even though I don't have a finished picture on here yet, it looks amazing!
 I even put in some input, which I rarely do.  Not because I am not asked, I just always tell David that he is the one who is knowledgeable in this stuff and I trust his judgement.
Later a neighbor friend, Casey, came over to help also.  It was dark by the time the project was finished but I sure am grateful for the labor that was put into it all.

Probably for me the most memorable part was the impromptu Family Home Evening that Steve wanted to have with all his sons and their families.  He bore his testimony of God and then had each of the sons and spouses do the same.  As it went along, it kind of morphed to slightly different subjects but they all related every bit to our Father in Heaven and His plan for us to be happy here on Earth as well as to return to Him worthy of His blessings.  I hope I never forget that feeling that was in mine and David's living room last night brought in by the Spirit of the Holy Ghost.

UPDATE:


No comments: